How we collect your personal data
Most of the personal data processed is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You have made an enquiry to us either by email, telephone or through our website contact forms.
- You have subscribed to our newsletter.
- You have applied for a job with us.
- You have engaged with us on social media.
- You are contacting us to present your company.
- You use one of our services.
We may also receive personal data indirectly for one of the following reasons:
- You have been listed as an emergency contact for one of our employees
- You have been listed as a reference for an employee candidate
- You have given consent to a third party to provide us with information.
The personal data we collect
If you have contacted us to place an order or an enquiry, we will require the following information.
If you have an account with us or are setting up an account with us, we will ask you to provide the following information:
- Contact Name (forename and surname)
- Email Address
- Telephone number
- VAT Number
- Invoice/Billing Address
- Delivery Address
In addition to the above, if you use one of our services, including the use of this website, we may collect the following information:
- IP address
- Cookie tracking information
- Information relating to devices used to provide services:
- Status information
- Usage history
- Sensor Data
Copies of documents you have provided us, such as request for quotations, purchase orders, technical drawings, credit account application forms and return requests.
We also are notified of your social media username if you interact with us on one of our social media pages.
What your personal data is used for
SITESTEALTH aims to provide the best possible customer experience. If you wish to change how we used your data, you will find this below in the ‘What are my rights?’ section.
Please note that if you decided not to share your personal information with us, we may not be able to provide the service that you have requested.
This is how and why we use your personal information:
- To process orders and order enquiries. If we cannot collect your personal data, we may be unable to provide a quotation, proforma or order acknowledgement, resulting in your request being ‘unable to process’.
- To safeguard our business and your account from fraud or other illegal activities. Your data may be used to protect, update and maintain your account with us.
- To provide any services that you have purchased from us.
- To keep you informed of news relating to our services/products, and changes to our services/products.
How we protect your personal data
We understand how essential security is. We will always treat your information with extreme care and take all apt steps in protecting it.
We use ‘https’ technology to secure access to all areas of our website.
All access to personal information is password protected. We do not store any payment card information.
All information relating to devices used to provide services uses the latest in encryption techniques to ensure all data is transmitted securely.
How long we store your information for
All data collected by SITESTEALTH is kept only for as long as necessary and can be removed permanently at any point upon request.
Information relating to services purchased from us, as outlined in “The Personal Data we Collect”, are retained for as long as the service is active, and for 2 years thereafter, unless a specific request for removal is received, or the service is reactivated.
Personal information provided for the purpose of placing orders with us will be kept for five years to comply with our legal and contractual obligations.
If an account has not been used within the past five years, it will be marked as inactive and we will contact the given person to confirm if the account should be kept open. If no confirmation is received, we will assume that the account is closed and we will permanently remove all personal information associated with that account.
Who we share your personal data with
SITESTEALTH will only ever share your personal information with trusted third parties, such as:
- Delivery couriers
- Engineers contracted to carry out work at your premises
In cases where we share your information, we will only share the information that is needed to perfect a specific purpose. All shared information may only be used for the exact purpose we give in our contract agreement with them.
We work closely with all of the above third parties to ensure your privacy is protected and respected at all times.
Should we stop using any of their services, any personal data provided to them by us will be permanently removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles and pages on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
You have the right to request any of the following:
- The correct of your personal information when inaccurate, out of date or incomplete.
- Access to any personal information we hold about you.
- The removal of your data in circumstances where you remove consent or object to us storing this information.
- Restrict your personal information subject to circumstance.
- That we stop processing your personal information, for example when consent has been withdrawn.
You can contact us at any time to request to action any of these rights.
Whenever you have consented to the use of your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any point and withdraw that consent.
To protect your information, we may ask you to verify your identity during communications.
If you have requested a third party to act on your behalf, we will request evidence that they have your permission to act.
Our contact to find out more
If you do have any questions that have not been answered, please contact our office for further assistance.